I’ve had the new Pavis book for a couple of weeks now, and all I can say is that its completely AWESOME!
You’ll have to forgive me if I haven’t done a review yet, but its a big bugger of a book (400+ pages). In fact I’m not going to do a review, cos it would take to long
Sarah Newton does a grand job of reviewing the book over two parts
Instead I’m going to preserve my strength for actually writing and running some new scenarios in this awesome setting
Here’s the blurb from the Moon Design’s web page
Pavis: Gateway to Adventure contains 416 pages of pure Gloranthan gold, including:
- Character creation for Pavis heroes.
- Full write-ups for locations including New Pavis, Pavis Country, Sun Dome County, Prax, the Ruins of Feroda, and the Pavis Temple.
- 66 detailed random encounters and 20 special encounters for Prax, the River of Cradles, and Pavis – each an adventure in its own right.
- Four full-length scenarios: Rough Business; The Celestial Engine; Red Moon Rising; and the Purple Troll. Each features major characters, themes, and plotlines for campaigns set in Pavis.
- Dozens of adventure seeds.
- Full write-ups for six Gloranthan cults: Pavis, Flintnail, Lanbril, Yelmalio, Zola Fel, and the Seven Mothers.
- More than thirty maps!