I’ve had the new Pavis book for a couple of weeks now, and all I can say is that its completely AWESOME!
You’ll have to forgive me if I haven’t done a review yet, but its a big bugger of a book (400+ pages). In fact I’m not going to do a review, cos it would take to long 😛
Sarah Newton does a grand job of reviewing the book over two parts
Instead I’m going to preserve my strength for actually writing and running some new scenarios in this awesome setting 🙂
Here’s the blurb from the Moon Design’s web page
Pavis: Gateway to Adventure contains 416 pages of pure Gloranthan gold, including:
- Character creation for Pavis heroes.
- Full write-ups for locations including New Pavis, Pavis Country, Sun Dome County, Prax, the Ruins of Feroda, and the Pavis Temple.
- 66 detailed random encounters and 20 special encounters for Prax, the River of Cradles, and Pavis – each an adventure in its own right.
- Four full-length scenarios: Rough Business; The Celestial Engine; Red Moon Rising; and the Purple Troll. Each features major characters, themes, and plotlines for campaigns set in Pavis.
- Dozens of adventure seeds.
- Full write-ups for six Gloranthan cults: Pavis, Flintnail, Lanbril, Yelmalio, Zola Fel, and the Seven Mothers.
- More than thirty maps!