Our 10th Anniversary Issue, featuring 48 pages of Myths, Articles, and Scenarios (13th Age Glorantha and for RuneQuest 2) in softcover A4 format, is now available to pre-order.
- Pavis Boxing Association A RQ3 Hero Cult by Leon Kirshtein.
- How A Rubble Runner Destroyed the Crimson Bat at The Battle of Iceland. A short tale by Lev Lafayette and Erica Hoehn.
- Strange Broos. A very strange RuneQuest Classic encounter with scenario seeds by Scott Crowder.
- Boatduck’s Lunch. Stewart Stansfield details what’s on the Duck menu.
- Snipbeak. A Duck with Lunar sympathies for RuneQuest Glorantha by Stewart Stansfield.
- Who Gets to Speak. Ian Cooper, Line Editor for HeroQuest, talks about what makes HeroQuest so unique among role-playing games
- Orlanth, Heler and the Dragon. An Orlanthi Myth told by Stuart Mousir-Harrison.
- The Beard of Lhankor Mhy. An adventure for 13th Age Glorantha by Guy Milner.
- Heroic Tales. Two scenario seeds, each with three possibilities, by Newt Newport.
- The Temple of the Golden Gorp. A Short Adventure for RuneQuest Classic by Newt Newport.
Here’s Stewart Stansfield’s marvellous cover.
All said and done there are five ducks mentioned/illustrated/given stats for in the upcoming Hearts in Glorantha issue 7. This is one of them, Tonk the Chaos Duck who appears in the RuneQuest Classic adventure The Temple of the Golden Gorp.
Tonk The Chaos Duck, by Peter Frain
Tonk the Duck, Champion of Chaos
He is typical of his species but has a bright spikey Green hair (which glows in the dark). He carries a small shield with skull embossed with skull, wears a chainmail hauberk, with leather greaves and vambraces and is armed with a morningstar.
Hit Points 15
Armour: Chain Hauberk (5pts), Leather Sleeves + Greaves.
|Morning Star Flail
- Can reflect spells up to 4 Power back at the caster
- Tonk regenerates 1d6 hit points per melee round in hit points until dead.
- Explodes after he dies, doing 3d6 damage to within three metres – armour helps against this damage.
- He Befuddles 1 opponent per turn in addition to other attacks.
Rollers of the Dice that determined the chaos features: Kevin Dale, Chris Hart, Jonny Gray, Andrew Jones, Iskallor via G+
Skills: Swimming 90%.
Languages: Hisses and spits!
Hearts in Glorantha issue 7 is coming along very quickly indeed. After the painful stop-start-falsestart-stop-start of HiG#6, a small team of proofreaders and artists are helping me pull together what will be the magazine’s 10th Birthday issue (more on that later) that fingers crossed will see it in print by Continuum (a convention in Leicester July 20-23).
I’ll post content list and some preview art later on, but for now, I will leave you with Stewart Stansfield’s cover.
HiG#7 cover by Stewart Stansfield
I’m having a bit of a Gloranthan Renaissance writing RuneQuest 2 adventures for publication in the next Issue of Hearts in Glorantha.
Today I’ve cooked up a small treasure hunt under a mysterious hill…known locally as DUCK HILL!
Crontas The Duck by John Ossoway
The Legend of Duck Hill
Once upon a time, back in the God Time, the first tribe of Ducks arrived in Dragon Pass. It was a stormy time, and the Ducks were driven to the high ground by Orlanth and his brother gods. It is said that in those days, not knowing how to build hill forts, the Ducks took refuge in the trees. Chief Two Feathers, found a particularly steep hill with an unusually tall tree. What was interesting about this hill was that it had a cave entrance on its side. “Perhaps I can lead my people underground and find safety there?” he asked his advisors. “Bugger that” hissed the wise and wonderful Sage Brightfeathers. “Who’s to say some cheeky Troll isn’t in wait there already” he continued. But Chief Two Feathers was having none of it “Well sod you and yer tacky stick-on beard. I’m going to take my bodyguard down that hole and give it good checking out” he responded. So he got his warriors, the faithful five, and because he didn’t trust the rest of the tribe as far as he could throw them, he took the tribal treasure down the cave as well. He was never heard of again. So Sage Bright feathers became Chief Brightfeathers the Smug, who negotiated a treaty with the Storm Tribe and settled his people around the rivers and lakes of Dragon Pass.
The point of my tale? Well see that yonder hill, that’s the Hill in my story. Nobody’s ever found the first tribe’s treasure that Chief Two Feather’s took down there. Worth a look eh? Remember my cut for telling you is 25% of whatever you find.”
As told by Crontas the Duck, adventurer, warrior and blaggard.
Behold to the right is the cheerful scamp himself…Crontas The Duck Adventurer (creation of Guy Milner, author of Burn after Running, from one of his 13th Age Glorantha games at Furnace gone by), art by longtime d101 collaborator John Ossoway (Savage North for OpenQuest and Cthulhu Rising for Call of Cthulhu).
Duckmeister Stewart Stansfield has brought his immeasurable artistic talents to bear for the cover of Hearts in Glorantha Issue 6.
HiG#6 cover by Stewart Stansfield
Work on the magazine itself continues, with it being content complete and going forward into proofing and art commissioning.
I plan to have it out OCT/NOV 2016.
Well after a spell on the back burner, the fires of inspiration have shot forth and Hearts in Glorantha issue 6 is now content complete!
- Lightbringers Quest a different take on a familiar tale by Matt Ryan, which allows players and narrators new to HeroQuest and Glorantha dive right in and see what is special about the rules and setting.
- God Forgot, by Barry Blatt gives his take on this Zzaburi State within the Holy Country..
- Light and Death is a Lunar Adventure set in Dara Happa by Neil Smith.
- The Awakening is an adventure by Scott Crowder set within exactly 500 Years after the Dragon Kill in Dragon Pass, where the heroes face being trapped in the Dream of a Dragon.
- Why the Story is the Best, Mythological fiction by Dr Moose
- The Land of Flowers a mini-Kralora setting by myself, filled with Kick ass Kung Fu heroes and weird sinister adversaries.
Oh and Stewart Stansfield is back with his Ducks….
Mildred the Vingan Duck by Stewart Stansfield
More soon about release dates and previews of the content 🙂